Wilfried Zaha explains why he moans on the pitch and reveals what he tells Crystal Palace teammates before matches - KIVUTIO

Breaking

daily job opportunities, sports, life psychology, scholarship, education notes and information and health

Monday, September 20, 2021

Wilfried Zaha explains why he moans on the pitch and reveals what he tells Crystal Palace teammates before matches


Wilfried Zaha insists he moans on the pitch when he knows his teammates can play better.

The Crystal Palace winger is one of the club’s most influential players and revealed he implores his teammates not to ‘fear’ their opponents as he attempts to inspire the squad before the match starts.

Zaha may not always be on the same wavelength as his teammates
Getty

The Ivory Coast international is loved by his supporters but is often seen cutting an emotional figure during matches.

“People see me moaning on the pitch… just because I’m passionate and I don’t like losing so I get annoyed,” Zaha told Darren Ambrose on Boot Room.

“It’s not moaning just for the sake of moaning. I just demand [a lot] from my team, that’s why I go around moaning and it seems negative but I know we’re better than this. I see you lot week in week out, we’re better [than this].”

In a bid to not become frustrated, Zaha revealed the pep talk he often gives his teammates before matches.

Zaha has been criticised for his negativity on the pitch
Getty

“Don’t fear these, don’t fear these names, it doesn’t matter,” he added.

“I don’t care who we are playing against I’ll still get in a tight position and try and get out of it.

“It’s difficult at times but once you get on that pitch, I just get on with it.”

Despite wanting to leave for several seasons now, Zaha has remained at Selhurst Park, and whilst he would have loved another shot at the big time there is no question he is adored by the fans.

The 3-0 win over Tottenham earlier this month suggests there are better days ahead for Zaha and Palace
AFP

With the football they are now attempting to play under Patrick Vieira and with quality players such as Conor Gallagher and Odsonne Edouard at the club, Zaha may finally be getting his wish to see his club progress to greater things

No comments:

Post a Comment